4.30.2005

C.U.T.E?? You sure??

Well just remembered some funny incidents regarding the word cute. I say it is funny not because you will be rolling on the floor with tears in your eyes when you read it but it is just well funny... erm..

Ok story goes like this, I had this Taiwanese friend, Cindy who always says I am very cute. When I talk or say something, expecting her to give me an answer at times, she will burst in giggles and then squeak " Ahh you are so cute!" and at worst times, she calls me "ke ai". Frankly I am rather amused by her behaviour rather than feeling flattered. But then again I figured, taiwanese are pretty much like Japanese at times. Cute is a word like Kawaii, used too often to describe anything you probably don't have a very apt word for. Whatever...

Then on one fine saturday night, I went to a club in Nagoya with my friends. There were 2 black bouncers standing at the entrance. They were obviously not very friendly looking because they stood with their arms folded and a frown across their faces. They were like scrutinising anyone that goes in. Well obviously that is their job, to deter trouble-makers. So I was about to walk in when one of them points at me. And that instance, I panicked... cus I thought they wanted to check my ID. And I was half-cursing inside my head, "I looked so young meh" But well, before I could fish out my wallet, he broke into a grin and he exclaimed " You are so cute!"

My friend and I was stunned for a moment. But of course, we quickly recovered and I murmured a thank you to him... wooh... of course my friend found it so amusing that she was laughing at me the whole night... ok half the night till she got high. And then the same thing happened when I left the club at the closing time. Everyone was going out orderly and the bouncers were standing at the door with the same pose and expression, not saying a word to anyone. When I walked past him, he again smiled at me and he was like "genki?" Yet another joke for my friends to last them till the first train to go home...

Then it was in Taipei. Was eating in a small eatery with Owen one day when I went to the toilet. When I returned, there was a little girl sitting at our seat chatting with him. She didn't turn to look at me until Owen introduced me as his friend. At that, she turned to look at me and before I could say anything, she clasped both her hands together and she exclaimed " You are so cute!". Wah this time I was really stunned. Turned to Owen who burst out laughing. There got me pretty irritated at times cus I will be asking him something sometimes and his reply will be that's because you look cute... Seriously, I was really wondering what are kids nowadays learning... She is only 7! And to think she said that to me... That should have been my line!

Crazy incidents.. What is your definition of cute??

No comments: