5.20.2006

Okinawa!

I went to okinawa recently and here are some of the photos I took!

Okinawa... is part of Japan yet so different from the main island. It is moe like a tropical kingdom with its own history, unique culture, language, food and on top of that, even the people looks different. The only common they share with Honshu Japan is probably the passport.. But nevertheless, it is THE place to be in summer! And I got to swim for the very first time I am in Japan...

That is me in front of a minature, traditional ryukyu house (Ryuku is the older name for Okinawa)

Traditional Kimino( different from the usual Kimono we see right?)

The buffalo used to pull a machine that extracts sugarcane juice to make sugar

My friend and I near a mangrove...

Here come the beautiful beach and scenery!


No comments: