7.26.2012

More reminders and more resolutions

A month and half ago when I was touring Seoul with Mei, I remember complaining so much to her how much I am dreading work and looking forward to getting the yr-end bonus so that I could quit immediately. Mei who is also probably quitting just kept telling me, "Karen, 4 months passes very fast, trust me."

She is right... although each day went past really slowly if you count by the hour, July is almost over. I have somehow pulled through a really very draining month.

In order to help myself move along to achieve what I have set to do before I leave, I wrote down a few "resolutions" in my notebook. And really, having them down in written form works wonders.
For the first time in my career here I finally said "NO" to my boss and thank God, he understood the situation.
But, that led to a unwanted meeting with someone I don't really wanna meet today. I guess I will get through it somehow.
Yah... maybe I should cancel part 2 about not wanting to meet people I feel uncomfortable with, namely pple whom I don't know well and only have a very surface relationship with.
Last night I kinda experienced that again when I was introduced to a whole bunch of people I am meeting for the first time by a visiting friend.. I was really shifting uncomfortably in my seat while explaining for the 10th time I have been in Japan for 8 years, studied in Okazaki, working in the IT line now and then listening to heaps of praises on my Japanese... A few times, I just caught myself staring at the floor blankly because I don't know where else to look....
Of course I didn't become friends with all 10 of them but at least among them I found 1 or 2 people whom I could geninuely chat with. In fact one of them mailed me last night so I think maybe I should revise my resolution to be open and build networks instead.

Ok so here's my very short-term resolutions.

1. Pass 4 of my IT exams and get the monetary award! Wooh!!! If I do as planned, I have 200k yen waiting for me! I am really trying my best now.. so for the time-being I have to say good-bye to Facebook which is one of my biggest distractions around.

2. Avoid unnecessary conflicts and emotions-uprises at work. Yes.... I think I am just going to take things in my stride as much as possible. Remind myself I have a bonus to work towards and work here now has a time-limit.

3. Stop buying unnecessary things. NO!! I cannot increase my luggage anymore!

4. Don't take leave unnecessary. Yes, I am going to hold on till end of year. I am so going to drag myself to work even when I don't feel up to it.

Ok... that's 20mins worktime gone.... Back to work!

No comments: