7.30.2012

Terrible Summer....

Last 2 days of July! Means Summer is also 1/3 over?


Nowadays, the weather in Japan is really bad and news of people getting heatstroke or even dying from heat stroke is all over the TV.
I don’t remember seeing so much or such news back in Singapore. Heatstroke is not really an issue we think about much (other than at Sport’s Day).
But imagine how serious the heat is when people suffer from heatstroke even at home.
Back in Singapore, we never had to blast the aircon in the living room unless perhaps if there are many guests.
A celling fan is usually sufficient to keep us all sane.

Last night I got a call from my friend who’s aircon broke down after she came back from a long vacation.
It was so bad that she had to go stay at someone else’s house after that because it was impossible to sleep…

I wonder….
Is it the way houses are constructed in Japan that causes heat to be trapped easily?
Is it the climate? The lack of natural shade from trees?
Whatever is it…. Drink more water!

Just spent sometime in the week and weekend for a friend who came over with her family. And my... I was so impressed by her son who is only 4 but can speak 3 languages already fluently! ( English, Japanese, Mandarin) and the most impressive thing is, he knows exactly who to speak to in which language!
Japanese grandparents father: Japanese
Mother: English
Grandparents in Singapore: Mandarin.
If you are wondering, I was grouped under English because I am his mum's friends. Hee that's how he does the association.

August will be a busy month for me though… expecting many guests and also plans to go travelling etc.
Better make sure I don’t get sick!

No comments: