8.06.2012

1/4 down!

I went one of my exams last weekend and I passed! This must be the toughest I had so far.
Usually I finish my exams pretty fast and with much confidence but this is one, I really had to check and think through my choice of the answer a couple of times, not forgetting praying many times along the way too!
So thank God, I managed to scrap past somehow. Results doesn't matter as long as it is a pass and which means more cash is coming my way! Yeah... I feel half sad that I am so driven only by monetary rewards.
But throwing my pride aside, the money is indeed a great help when I am expecting many guests this month.

Another why I am so fervent in taking the exam is also because as linked in a post earlier, it helps me to feel a sense of achievement and that I am actually moving forward.

Talking about having a sense of achievement, something just dawned upon me when I watched the Olympics. Somehow I begin to really respect not those who got a gold but those who ended up with no medals after years and years of hardwork. The medalists are rewarded with a medal, recognition of their achievements, fame, material goods... but how about those who ended up with nothing? They bear the possible shame, insult or jeer. But is it true these people didn't put in enough hardwork? They also put in many years of toil just in exchange for the few moments in Olympics...
Yet these people still continue to work hard and to move forward even when their efforts were not paid off immediately.

Ganbarou myself!

No comments: