5.30.2005

An extraordinary Cd

Have a test tomorrow… but just wanna write this down today…

Received a cd from a friend today who has left home last spring… When I received it, it was really just a normal cd which contained some of the photos we took together. However when I opened up the files, I discovered to my delight that my friend had created a video voice file for me in which she recorded her messages.

Started with the usual greetings about her life back home now and her plans for the year. The she shared with me about some of the stuff she has read from a magazine recently. Among which, phrase according to the magazine is very popular with Singaporean youths recently, “Move out of your comfort zone”.

When I heard that last track she recorded for me, I cried. I cried because I felt so touched that she actually sat down to do all these recordings. In it, she shared that she felt regret for not being able to move out of her comfort zone when she was younger to do things she wanted. She had actually wanted to stay in Japan longer because it has always been her dream to study in Japan but she had to go home because of financial difficulties and at the same time she felt she wasn’t young anymore and had to do something more concrete. She reminded me that I should also continue to move along and not be satisfied nor be complacent just because I am still young now…

I really really appreciate the effort so much. And when I heard her crying in the recording, I also can’t help but cry with her.

To my friend: Thanks for being for me always when you were in Japan. Now too =) We will be in touch I’m sure!

And also to my another friend Mannie, she wrote me a mail that day… and the last sentence touched me so much too. She said this, “Got anything must tell your big sister here ok! I won’t let my little-sister go through anything by herself. ”

Ahh… so so so blessed… so blessed by all these people in my life. Though only 8 months here but really found so many people who cared so much for me…

No comments: