6.19.2005

The very very very big house with many many dogs..

I was invited to a Japanese friend's house for BBQ today.

It's funny how I met him, Mr Yamagishi san. It happened when I was taking Carol (who came for a visit from Tokyo) to this park in the Eastern part of the town. Well, I was only in Okazaki for about 2 months then so wasn't too sure of the exact location of the park. So I went into a pet shop to ask for directions. The boss, Yamagishi, started chatting with me and asking me questions upon knowing I was a foreigner. He is a very kind and nice man in his late fifties. He even gave Carol and I 2 packs of animal feed each upon learning we are going to the park. Of course if you had read mine or Carol's earlier blogs, you will know how much trouble we ended up just to feed it to some ducks and swans....

Ok anyway, I brought another friend back to the shop about a month or 2 ago and met him again. This time he extended an invitation to us to have dinner with him and his wife. He then took us to this small but really delicious Taiwanese cuisine restaurant. It was pretty expensive but we ate to our fills... the food was simply so good... so hard to describe. Afterall I am not such a food critic nor gourmet like Carol.. haa

Today, we were supposed to have a BBQ at his house but due to the weather, he took us to Gamagori Laguna, a restaurant by the seaside to have dinner. Oh my god... it was sooo beautiful! The nightview was so magnificent. The sparkingly clear sea (ok couldn't see it at night so imagined it) But the soft lighting just gave the whole place such a romantic and peaceful feel.

Then he took us to a little river... which we saw something I had always wanted to but never had a chance to. I told him once I had never seen it in my life and he remembered it... I saw fireflies!! First time ever in my life. Or maybe I did but dun remember anymore... but it was so beautiful! To them flying about slowing and illuminating like little christmas lights... too bad they will only be around for a month or so...

Ok then finally we went back to his house to collect our bikes. he stays there with his son's family (wife and son). But the family stays on the upper levels of the house, having another life altogether of their own. my gosh... he has 5 cars!! He is super rich can... His house is soooo big... and then there is even a lift from his garage into his house... wooh... now i know.. a small pet shop can earn you big bucks! haaa... oh yah, i always get to see pups when i go to his shop. The last time Schnauzer pups.. this time, Schnauzer and Chihuahua pups... soooo cute! extremely small. about 2 weeks or so... anyway he has a 100 dogs as private collections. As many as 50 over in his house in think...
Forgot to mention, he is so loving towards his wife. They are such a funny couple. He always tries to hold her hand but she is like so untypical Japanese women who always walk around so fast. He will fuss over her and she will joke that he is too naggy...

Wooh.. as usual ate so much.. must go exercise le...

No comments: