2.19.2007

自分らしく生きてほしい

I talked to my cousin-in-law some days ago and she said this to me.

"You are so blessed to be able to chase your dreams." (she was referring to me working in Japan)
"But you are more blessed not just because you have the chance to fufill it but you know what your dream is."

Something that set me thinking for a long time...

It never really occurred to me how fortunate I am. I mean I know to a certain extent. A dream is always not that easy to fufill. It is a about timing, opportunites, efforts, support, passion... and the list goes on. But but... before all these can take place, you must first have a dream!

There are many people who live life aimlessly... I don't mean they don't do anything. In fact they can be the most hardworking Peter or Jane sitting beside you. But it is another matter altogether to do something because you believe in it, because you have a passion for it and because you know you are working towards a certain ulitmate goal. There are so many people out there who worked most of lives only to look back and realised they can't find a single reason for their efforts.

So, all thanks to her. My dear cousin-in-law who reminded me that dreams are important. At the end of the day it is another matter altogether if that certain dream comes true or not because it is only as we progress and grow, we realised there are greener pastures out there.

All the best to everyone in this new year. It doesn't matter if you dream comes true in this new year or not. But don't let each minute go by without a meaning for life.

My goal for this year.... for the rest of my lfe... I just want to work hard being myself. 自分らしく生きてほい。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... I totally agree with your cousin. Not everyone has a dream to start with.. Not everyone knows what they want or what they are looking for.

Cheers to you, for having a dream.

--Jiashi