3.05.2007

Short Update

Can't post any 50 page thesis right now cus I am in the office, now lunchtime. Internet is not available at home as yet.

This is the 3rd day of work. Everything is so far so good. Not too fast that I cannot catch a breath nor too slow to doze off.

First 2 days were purely orientation. Talking ( or mainly listening) and meeting with the different heads of the departments to understand the whole system of the company. There were interesting parts tho about the company's beliefts etc.. and boring parts, like the company's financial status? I was shown the balance sheet too! In my humble opinion.... I don't think that was useful at all because I wasn't required to remember any numbers at all. As long as I am paid on time, I dun care so much about how much assets we have...

The department I am with now, In house helpdesk. Basically answering queries from people who need help in IT stuff. Me?? C'mon.. I don't even know what is patch... but well, it seems that everyone here started from scratch.... So well, if there is the arrangement... so be it.

Friday night, had the tradition welcome party from the department including the CEO. went to an Izakaya, or some place for food and drinking.. spent the rest of the night talking to the rest... I didn't drink though everyone else did. Well, there were only 2 other girls in the whole department and one of them leaving the next month. Everyone's pretty friendly tho... But got things to take note of lah.. like helping them to pour beer etc... haha but they are a little less rigid I guess knowing I am a foreigner. The CEO was also very kind. In the end, he paid for my share.. ehh...

That's about it for now... lunchtime's over!

No comments: