7.03.2009

In retrospect...

Thanks for the many comments and emails!



Woh.. I was quite surprised and shocked myself by the no. of emails I got after yesterday's post.
I have must gotten many people worried. Thanks for showing concern and care anyway!


After yesterday's written puke on blog... I feel well a little better today.
Nope the situation hasn't change. Nor has the girl changed better overnight.
She is still as ditzy as ever.

What has changed in my mindset to a certain degree.

I don't know how many of you other there think the same way. Sometimes we just think that the company cannot survive without us. If I am on leave, I will be still thinking of what will go on in the company, paying 100% attention to my phone 24 hours a day, checking emails to make sure everything goes well...

But the truth is... as my cousin kindly reminded me. No one is ( or should be) indispensible to the company. My ex-supervisor told me exactly the same thing when I was pondering if I should take a day off one day. He told me that if something really happened in my absence and it could not be handled because I wasn't there, it is not my fault but a flaw in the management.
I was very greatly for this very comment of his because he was the one most affected in my absence actually as he had to cover my work too.

And of course... that I am mere mortal.

No matter how much work my boss is going to dump on me, if my physical and mental health is not going to withstand, then it is just too bad. Nothing personal.
Same goes for the girl.

So today, I came to work more relaxed than I was yesterday. Shall just let my body do the leading. If I can handle I will.. If I cannot then I won't.
Nothing personal ( twice said!)

And of course.. Leave the rest to God. He says in His word that " My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in your weakness."

Brings me back to last week' sermon in which the pastor said. When challenges in life, before we start to complain, let's ask God first what is that He wants to teach.

And last but not least, TGIF!!!

No comments: