8.11.2010

Boring week at work...

I think I have been really neglecting this blog so think I should put in more effort to update.

Since the beginning of last week, I have been working the "Morning shift" which starts from 8:00~17:00 ( Can leave earliest a 16:30) But then again, who leaves early at work in Japan offices....
Even when there is nothing much.. really nothing much to do, people still stay on because they are afraid of going against the norms.
I am somewhere in between I guess... I can't say it doesn't take me courage to stand up and announce I'm going home ( so far 5pm is the earliest I've tried) and every step till the door is still a little heavy and stressful.
But heck! I just have to get used to it. They also have to get used to me leaving early too.

Actually I do quite like the arrangement because the first hour in the morning is very quiet. It is just for standby but usually there are no calls from users nor disturbances from colleagues. I can sit around and do my own stuff peacefully or like what you see now, update my blog filled with cobwebs~~*cough* *cough*

The last week, except for Monday which I had a meeting after work that lasted till 10pm in the night,was pretty relax because most people (meaning clients) are off from work because of Obon.(something like Qing Ming) Which gives me time at time to clear up some mundane work that has been shelved away from the light for centuries. Also... gave me some time to think about how I should spend my remaining leave for the year because I kent bring them forward to the next anymore.

Right now I have a few plans:

1. Attend my cousin's wedding in Kunming in Dec.
2. Visit my cousin in Shanghai
3. Leave a couple of days off with ML who is coming end of year.
4. Take 1 or 2 days off to rest after the retreat for fellowship, and after the Life-change seminar retreat
5. Go to Seoul with my cousin
.......
They are in terms of priority... and it should have been the answer to how I plan my leave but.. here is the problem.

1. I checked various airlines and I realised it takes me like 12 hours ( fly to beijing, wait for transit) just to get to Kunming itself! which means, a 2-way trip takes me a good 24 hours, not yet accounting for the transit to airport, check-in time... with the very few days of leave I am planning to take, I am not sure if I will still have fun there.. despite really wanting to attend the wedding. But I never know.... I pretty work on impulse. I might just go ahead with it.

2. Shanghai. It looks so pretty from my cousin's photos! Maybe I can pop over to the expo as well... I am not excited about visiting the expo tho... more of my cousin's svc apt.

3. Since ML's coming for a week and she has never stepped out of Tokyo though this will be her 3rd trip here, I think I'll take a day or two to bring her to the outskirts for some real snow and hotspring.

4 &5... can wait!

Ok.... now I just need to check my colleagues leave schedule too!

No comments: