9.08.2010

The power of words.

Something someone said has caused me to reflect on the way I speak and response to things.
When I did, I realised that I have a tendency to be harsher than I intended.
I don't know how many people out there I have hurt in the past or angered... but well, that is not the point now because it is already in the past.

I find myself editing my original email /sms replies now and replacing them with more postitive responses.
It could be something like someone says that he/she is sending food to me and my initial reaction will be, "Food? Are you sure it won't be spoilt when it reaches me?" to "Wow! Thanks! I am really looking forward to it!"
Because at the end of the day, even if the food really reaches me spolit, I should be focusing on the good intentions of the person more.

A simple time of reflection reveals many blindspots.

No comments: