3.15.2005

White Day

March 14th: White Day

This is exactly one month after Valentine's Day. In Japan, the practice on Valentine's day is for the ladies to buy chocolates for the guys. It is not limited to just lovers but also your colleagues, friends and superiors etc... Well of course these are obligatory as we all know how Japanese make such a big deal out of giving gifts. But well for the guy you really liked, it is usually an expensive box of chocolates and then with the addition of one more gift. A tie or something of the like.

Then on White day, it is the time when the gentlemen recipocrate the ladies' feelings. Once again, you have to buy obligatory gifts or well express your feelings for someone on this day. Well if not, it is a day for the litmus test! Check out which guy is stingy, which guy has so many gifts to return to or well simply if anyone is interested in you.

Yours truly got 2 box of chocs today. Hmm... One is from my teacher, the other from a friend. The funny thing today is that, out of the 6 guys in my class, all 5 chose to be absent today for one reason or another. So the remaining one actually came unprepared. Immediately he was branded as a stingy guy... haaa

ok well, I took some pictures of the chocs, actually cookies my teacher gave me. Was a pleasant surprise though. And also the other one my friend gave me. And, that was another surprise cus firstly, he came specially to pass it to me. Secondly he is well not that kind of person as I thought. As in one to take effort to buy stuff for others. But according to him, he took some time to chose it and he thought it was exactly something I would like. Hello Kitty and Pink... well well...


Beautiful boxes...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From my teacher

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From my friend

And it snowed again in my area!!! In march? That's crazy. The temperature went up to 17 deg a few days ago.. and really I took my coats to dry clean thinking that winter is finally over. And it snowed on and off for a few days...

No comments: