3.13.2005

In a long while...

Wooh.. haven’t update my blog for nearly a month.. shall try doing that now.

Let’s start from the fateful speech competition. Well, I would say that the little repertoire we put up went great. It wasn’t so much so we sang superbly well. In fact it was quite the opposite. I had Owen standing beside who didn’t know the lyrics at all, fooling around at the back and disturbing me or smiling brightly at the audience, Jan standing on the other side not singing in sync with the rest of the group. And me of course, trying to stifle my own laughter at the 2 idiots. But well, it went great cus at some point in time, we had relaxed and were actually having fun singing and just grooving to the music. The audience were great too to join in clapping and cheering.

Ok after that we went off to lunch and then well, karaoke. Hee… it was the first time I had lunch with so many people. A mixture of people from all different classes, I would say 20+ of us together. A great lunch at a ramen shop that was tad far actually.

The karaoke session that day I think, is one of the most fabulous and high session I ever had. The session saw all of us standing on the sofa dancing away right from the beginning. At one high point, it was also about 16 of us in the room, including 2 teachers, all standing together, singing, shouting and dancing together to very silly but well-known songs like YMCA or bamba… I truly had lots of fun. I think Karaoke does wonders, I myself was high beyond words. Ha... and well the fact was that not everyone in the room knew everyone else. But still we had lots of fun.

Ok then it was dinner together and home…



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The is the group of us singing, minus the teacher sitting in front, from left, and Reko from the right.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Emmie Chan! Our Class rep



-------------------------------------------------------
Went to the local Primary school for some fun as a volunteer? Nope.. I was being volunteered on. By the kids. It was kinda a interaction session where those of us from Yamasa will take on 5-6 kids in a group each to play some games or just interact. I got a whole group of girls and they are so sweet! They look sweet, behaved sweetly. Hey I am serious, they spoke rather slowly to me to make sure I understood everything they said and then when I won in some games, they were so encouraging! Haa… in the end, each of them even gave me some little hand-made they did. I was soooo touched! I wanna go back again!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Me with the girls and the table full of hand made things



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The rest of the vounteers in in the class and the children

No comments: