6.19.2007

Our conversation

My mum called me yesterday and it was a rare day that everyone was at home.
FYI: My mum works in Japanese restaurant thus irregular hours, my brother's jobs takes him to all parts of the world and each stay in a different country can be from a month to 3.

My mum and I: We talk about everything under the sun. In fact, it was almost as if we were sitting on the sofa just chatting. She tells me about who she met, her facial trips, what to cook...talk about God, talk about praying, talk about work.

For some reason, either, my mum monopolises the phone or my dad is too shy to talk to me.. haha my mum is always the one who does the calling. She will then tell me that my dad misses me a lot cus he is always nagging at her to call. Then both of us wonders why he can't do it himself.... My mum says it is because he doesn't know how to.. haha . There was once I called home and my dad was like, " oh your mum is coming home soon and I will get her to call you ok? and he cuts the phone... strange.

My brother and I: We always talk crap... or about buying things. Haha he is always asking me about the latest gadget in Japan, the price etc... sometimes we play online games on msn too. Our conversation yesterday went like this:
Me: Hey you going Russia for work this week right. Remember to buy souvenirs for me hor..
No magnets or keychains ( meaning want something bigger and more significant
Without a moment of hesistant, my brother answered casually:
"oh Ok can, means bookmark loh"
X$#%OX#$!!!#"$
Then he ended the conversation by this, " Got anyone bully you or not? I don't think have right, you don't go bully others ok"
X#$!!$#OX##$

My dad and I: I called him again today. Kinda deliberately called when my mum is not around so he has to talk to me. But well, I did most of the talking though. Shared with him my conversation with another Singaporean friend, Esther who is also studying in Okazaki ( where I used to study. Yes, i must share what I talked to Esther in another blog soon!
So he listened, asked me if I am doing ok... and well he always ask this same question tho.
"Money enough?"
Haha... my dad indeed.
He never ever failed to ask this question. I told him I have more than enough because I don't have time to play. But we all know, I don't have more than enough but I have more than enough because God provides and I am safe in His hands.

Funny right.... mum, dad and brother. My beloved Family.

No comments: