9.29.2007

3rd Anniversary

2 more days to Oct 1st.

What's so special about Oct 1st? Apart from it being Children's Day? ( is it Singapore only?) which brings back fond memories of receving small gifts like pencils or notebooks from my teachers?

It marks the day I first arrived in Japan 3 years ago.

It has been 3 years!!

But I still remember every single moment that led me up to my departure. The decision-making days of whether to come to Japan or not, what I really want to do, which part of Japan, which school etc...And of course, the endless farewells...

It has been 3 years ah... A very significant part of my life which saw me taking a stride out from my comfort zone to venture into uncharted waters. Meeting people from all walks of life, literally. To a certain extent, understand that the world is actually larger than just 700km square. Struggling to find the unique me, establishing my own identity...

In the end ( not quite the end though), it all goes back to God.

No wonder there is a saying that His plans are just like a cross-stitch art. The back is full of messy knots, which is what we as humans only see. But the real master piece is actually the front which God has in mind.

Everything comes from Him. My desire, my plans, my identity and my life ahead.

Praise God for His faithfulness so far and beyond.

And of course, Oct 1st happens to be the day Carol will arrive too! We have already planned for a sumptous welcome dinner for her. Will update photos if we are not too busy eating and salivating.

No comments: