9.26.2007

My colleague

My colleague… I don’t know if I like or dislike her… I don’t hate her or anything but she makes me feel really insecure in her presence at times. I have to be really careful, walk on my toes when she is in one of her moods.

She’s fun to talk to, because she is a very humorous and interesting character. Yet, when she is in a bad mood, she acts just like a kid, slamming drawers and tables, pouting, making “ahhh” and “oo” sounds… Everyday she comes to work with a very tired face (even after 4 days of break!) telling me how much she hates this job and how tired she is.

She talks a lot behind the backs of the other guys in the department as well. Though she hates them (or at least she says that in front of me), she behaves very friendly in front of them then complains how irritating they all. I mean, if you don’t want them to come and talk to you all the time, just stop behaving so friendly and make them think you love to talk to them! Not that I am some angel.. But I just don't feel uncomfortable joining her in the gossip sessions.


I don’t think it is wrong not to talk to the guys unnecessarily. I remain friendly and respectful but I think I draw a very clear line between work and personal so I never initiate casual chats nor entertainment them too far. So while the guys talk to me nicely and sometimes we do chat, they don’t bother me unnecessarily.

It's just so hard to deal with such people…

By the way she is in one of her moods again…

No comments: