11.17.2007

Post Birthday post

This is abosolutely, outrageously late... but thanks to everyone who has been part of my life this past quarter of the century! Sounds like some award ceremony but I really thank God for His each and indivudual plan, each person He has brought to me on this journey.

Birthdays to me are no longer just about parties and presents. In fact, I didn't even think I will want to do anything special on that day by taking leave or what. Which probably explains my colleague's stunned faces when they discovered it was my birthday. ( my mgr gave me a bouquet of flowers)

But it just reminds me again how I have been so blessed by God every day of my life. How He, the generous Heavenly Father accedes to my never-ending requests(my earthly father too.. hee), bringing me back to the path everytime I detrack and most importanly, the One who gives me the Purpose of Life. Birthdays should be a day of giving back actually, to those who played a part to shape you into who you are today.

Nevertheless, I am still on the receving side! Thanks to the gals here who bought a nice cake and whipped up a sumptous dinner! To Biyin, who never fails to send me a big box of surprises! She even took the effort to wrap up every single thing she sent to me. To Meiling and Peiling too who sent me gifts. Of course the various ones of you who sent their wishes through other means.

Arigatou!

No comments: