11.17.2007

Singaporeans Dinner Marathon

I guessed I have said this a thousand and one times... but still God keeps me amazed!! Just as I feel like I am the only Singapore here in Tokyo, my quest ( His quest) to discover the existence of more Singaporeans here in Tokyo! Of course, I must include other Japanese too who somehow is linked to Singapore in a way or another.


All started with Yilin(my NUS chum) who is here for Tokyo...not just on a shopping trip as always but to be MARRIED to her better half Da-ni san! Congrats!!! I am really very very very happy for the girl. She has always been a very enjoyable company and pal since NUS days. We were still reminiscing last night at her apartment how we have "sold" our youth to Japan. ( She flew with JAL for 2.5 years since graduation) How were were full of expectations yet anxiety about life in Japan...I still remember how I stood at the telephone booth shrieking into the phone when I heard her voice...


But Thank God for Dani-san who has accepted Christ recently too! He is a really very warm guy and somemore who according to Yilin accepts her fully including her unreasonable ways. hee, Congrats again to the newly wed!

Then got to meet Cuixian also! Another Singaporean- NUS chum. I don't remember being extremely close to her when we were in NUS. But I guess the similar journey we chose to take, the unknown path to study in Japan kinda bonded us together. It is always fun to have her around as we can talk about anything under the sun.
And then the rest includes Yilin's ex-colleagues from JAL, Sho and Hideo, exchange students in NUS and Dani-Japanese friends

The NUS group: Me and Yilin at the back. Hideo, Cuixian, Sho and Carol
And the next day we had dinner with Cuixian's cousin and gf. Plain fun and binge!

No comments: