1.22.2008

An interesting sight...

Witness something interesting that day while I was in the waiting room to go into KTV...


A couple in their late teens or early twenties came in carrying a one yr plus old baby.

At first sight, the word lian and beng came to me cus they both had dyed hair. The lady blonde to be more exact. Both in baggy clothes, plenty of accessories.

The first thing the couple or to be more exact, the man did was to plonk himself right in front of the TV when I was clearly watching. Rude. 


Then, the baby was running about and he kept going out of the waiting room. As there were a flight of stairs right outside the room, the parents esp the mum was chasing after the baby to make sure he does not go near it.


I never much have any good impression of very young parents esp in Japan. I almost felt guilly immediately because I judged them based on their outer appearance and then... since the baby kept running out of the room, the mum decided to close one side of the heavy glass door. And when she did that, she didn't carry the baby out of the way! The heavy door smack right into the face of the baby and the baby literally flew like a metre away.

shocked... speechless... There was no more guilt for being judgemental. In fact I felt sorry for the kid.

but the baby was really resilent and strong he sobbed for a few mins and then continued his quest to exit the room for more adventures... the result of accidents being too often?

Then, the dad this time digged into his pocket and fished out a cigarette. No offence to smokers because I think they know best. It is really very selfish to blow smoke into the face of other people and then casually leave a bad odour on their clothing. This is what I hate most everytime I enter an enclosed area that allows smoking. But what irks me most are parents who smoke in front of their little children. The bad influence aside, have that ever consider the impact they are bringing upon the healths of their kids?

To my surprise and really, I was so impressed at the ah-lian mum.. She looked right into the eye of the dad and told him to put away his cigarette. When he tried to protest, she told him without any hesistation. "For your son..."
That worked, he kept his unlit cigarette away immediately.

Thank you mummy for saving the day. Otherwise it would have been a very unpleasant experience for us.

Then we were being called finally... before I left the room, I turned to look at the baby who gave me a wide grin. There was a cut across his face. Must the wound sustained just now. Poor chap. But at least he had a mum who didn't smoke into his face.

No comments: