3.11.2009

And so... it got heavier..

The Newbie finally came.
After nearly half a year of juggling 2 person's job, ( I threw some away on the way)... The newbie finally came in last Wednesday.
In name, she is still an intern because she has to go for graduation ceremony, her graduation trip to Europe ( Young people... in this economy). She will officially be entering the company in April.
It should be a matter to rejoice about. But.... I am in dilema actually.
I do like her as a person. She is pleasant, she is sweet and she is a good girl.
But... you know when she makes me repeat and repeat myself for the hundredth time on the same topic, I just felt like slamming the notebook on her head. C'mon!! put your writing skills to work! I feel like telling her.
Of course I didn't. I didn't want to scare her away. After all, I am already so tire out by taking on 2 people's work with the pay of one. ( the latter being the point)
Yesterday.... I spent the whole day explaining certain concepts to her. Drew diagrams, spoke using the simplest terms I can. I made sure I stopped at every interval to make sure she understood what I said. And her answer was, she had NO questions. To top it all, she even said that it was all so easy to understand, easier than her expectations.
So i demonstrated how to do the job once and gave her 3 tries after that to do it.
To my dismay.... she failed utterly at EVERY attempt.. Not once, twice but thrice?????
Today she had the fourth chance.. and.. she made mistakes again!????
FYI, it was something really easy. I had the steps printed out for her to follow.. ( which she obviously ignored)
Please tell me how to deal with such people!!!
And so....
I have to juggle 2 people's job.
I have a sore throat actually from talking so much at work.
And I have to monitor her every action because she can't be left alone.
I just want to go home to sleep..........................

The only saving Grace if any....
I am going my beloved aiba chan's stage tomorrow.
It is a stage play adopted from a English movie i think. Green Fingers.Check it out!

No comments: