3.11.2009

Our conversation yesterday..

Of course with the intern. K= me , I= Intern. words in () are my unspoken thoughts.
Part 1.
She received an email on dress code from HR.
I: I received an email from HR regarding dress code ( Yes, I know because I was CCed). Oh no.... what should I do?
K: ( In bewilderment..) Erm... Do you know what is wrong about your dressing then?
I: What??
K: Ok... to be very truthful, your skirt is too short. ( Micro Mini length, halfway up the lap. Think Japanese high school girls.)
I: What?!! Oh really?? ( she looks truly shocked) I didn't know that! Oh dear... this is so embarassing... Oh what should I do? ( mumbles non-stop to herself)
K: Well... get something longer? something that is at least knee length or well a little shorter is fine though. And yes... please take the scrunchy off your wrist, it is not exactly very professional looking.
I: oh.... my skirt is too short?? oh dear.. ( still harping on that??!!)
K: It's ok! Just wear something more appropriate tomorrow.
I: I must go home quietly late..
K: *rolls my eyes*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 2:
K: You look really tired, are you ok?
I: Is it?? I looked tired??
K: Oh well yes... you have been yawning and yawning for the whole day.
I: I was??? Oh no...
K: * a mixed of shock and amazement*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 3:
K: Erm... I think you better cut down on looking at sites not related to work. ( She was surfing every moment I wasn't looking or asking her ot do somethnig)
I: Opps? I am not supposed to??
K: well you can... personally I don't mind but it is against the company policy actually. So please be discreet and only do it when you have finish your work.
I: urgh.... ok
K: Well especially for you cus the managers are sitting at the back.
I: This is so scary!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it only her or the japanese youngsters all like that? Lack of exposure is not the problem. she lacks common sense!
I am sure glad NUS did prepare us to a certain degree the basic rules of a working adult..
So you see... I was vomitting blood the whole day. If I was vomitting fats, I will gladly take her on.

No comments: