3.11.2009

The vicious cycle~~

or should I say Losing our goals and perspective??

Well... this topic came to my mind when I was thinking of how to overcome my dsilike for Nato.
As most of you should know, Nato is an extremely healthy food, not to mention almost dirt cheap ( compared to other food you can find in the supermarket) and yet can make one full and satisfied.

Such food finds favor with people like me who needs to watch their spending BUT, unfortunately not with my taste buds nor sense of smell.
I
n fact ever since I first came in contact with it 7 (?) years ago when I came to Japan for a homestay, it has joined the ranks of hated food alongside Honeydew, bean sprouts etc....
w
hile I do not have any motivation nor reason at all to overcome my dislike for the latter 2, Nato is always something I think will be beneficial if I ever grow to like it.

So anyway... I was searching online, trying to find ideas of how people do it and I came upon several ideas like...mixing it with mayonaise?

Doesn't that defeats the purpose of eating Nato in the first place?? I mean.. why do I want to eat something that is both unhealthy, smelly and tastes quite bad?

To further illustrate the case. It reminded me of a friend who used to have very bad skin and breakouts. We used to advice her to cut down on the amount of makeup she uses in which she replied,. " I have to make up to cover up for the blemishes".
I
t just dawned upon me how sometimes in life we tend to be so focus in tackling the problem right before our eyes that we failed to put our sights further or actually.. to even remember why we even started doing something anyway. And in worst cases, we ended up being drawn into a vicious cycle which you do not seems to know which is the beginning nor the end anymore.

So... actually... I have been having this same idea for a few years. Trying to put into practise too.
The idea of back to basics and being natural.

I stopped dyeing my hair ( haven't cut off the perming part yet though) because I just want to have my hair back in its original state instead of throwing my money into an endless pit of dyeing and then treatment and then dyeing again to cover up for the newly grown parts.

Same goes to my face. Whenever I go buy new products now, I tell the consultant, my goal is to eventually be able to have a flawless face that needs no makeup when I go out.

A flawless face is hard I know.. and as a women ages, ( sighs) no make-up is courage. But you got to work towards something...

At least I have a jet-black head of hair to boast about now.... ( whatever...)

No comments: