1.02.2010

it's 2010^^



Jin ~仁~, the title of the drama I spent my new year holidays watching. Oh yes by the way, for those I informed I was going back to Singapore end of year, there is a change of plans and at the current time of 1/2, 18:23(+GMT9) I am still in Tokyo.

This is a drama I highly recommend this season. Besides the fabulous cast they have, ( not so much for being famous or what but more for their acting skills and on-screen chemistry) I think the plot was really interesting and engaging. ( ML, watch it!)

The story is about a doctor, Minagata Jin who lives in the modern time 2009. He is a skillful doctor but refuses to do complicated operations because of a failed one 3 years back which caused his fiancee(Miki) to be in a coma.

In a stange occurance one day, he was transported back in time into the Edo period, where he began to use his modern-day knowledge to treat illnesses which was considered incurable back then. ( like cholera, doing operations to remove growth etc) However, everytime he does something, (which he only realised later) also means causing a change in something or someone's life in the future. This change is illustrated by a photo he took with Miki which he had on him all the time. The original photo was of both of them taken in the hospital bedroom before Miki went into the Op room. However with each action he took to change history, the photo was changed into other scenes, different poses or at times with Miki fading.

One thing I deeply felt from the drama was how a small or seemingly trivial action or decison is actually paving the path we are going to progress on.

I was reminded of a few good friends I had... If I hadn't gone into Nanyang Girls', would I still have met them? If I hadn't choose that subject combi, would we have been in the same class?

Then I thought of NUS... If I hadn't met the friend who jio me to learn Japanese with her, would I be in Japan now.... and If I hadn't choose to go to JJC, would I have known her? And if my parents didn't choose to stay in Jurong would I have gone to JJC?

So.... I being in Japan could be a result of a decision made by my parents even before I was even born?

It is a never-ending question to ask I guess. To question about why and how each person was brought into my life. To think about what if I took the "other" path instead. But there is also another thing that I have learnt. That is my every decision now might also affect the other lives to come in the future. (even if I do not get married or have children)

Recently, I felt a little upset by certain someone. The treatment I got from the person ( or so I feel) makes me feel that I am not what this person says I am to him/her. So I thought maybe I should take the initiative to contact this person instead to show my concern. But yah... I ended with some dirt on my nose kinda of thing.

But thinking back, maybe I had measured our relationship to what the world defines it. I looked at other people and thought, yah... this is the way I should be treated if you say I am " this" to you.

This doesn't mean I am not upset nor can completely let it go. I would just say, I take a backseat and just let him/her decisions pave the path for our relationship.

But still I am thankful for these people and many more I have met, got to known in my 20 over years alive. Thankful for the little decisions that created many wonderful relationships, decisions that paved the road I am on.

So... this is a period to make resolutions and decisons I guess? Happy 2010 and do challenge yourselves with a meaning this year!

No comments: