3.29.2010

I'm back

From my seoul trip^^

Can't believe how much I enjoyed myself just in the short 5 days. ( make it 3 full days minusing off the plane rides)

While I can't much digest the idea of making a living there ( besides not speaking the language), I have been bumped head-on countless times in the streets by impatient koreans in a hurry. They don't apologise for that matter.


But despite the supposedly rude appearance, we were so touched by people who stopped to give us directions voluntarily ( that at one point, they just feel too strange to be kind), we had helpful taxi-drivers who called up other people for help in directions when we were lost... All in all, I was certainly impressed by the warmth of the Koreans.


And of course in Korea, I could do 2 things among others that I enjoyed most.

1. Eating cheap korean food ( I lurrvveeee korean food!)
2. shop and survey cheap skin care.


Oh yes.... I do like shopping for that matter. But shoes and clothes are often the bottom of my list because of the not-readily-available shops for my bigger than average body (er hem..) and the hassle of trying them on. Epecially in winter. Period.


Bags.. well... I won't say I don't like them but usually that 1 item ends the trip. I mean you can't possibly be shopping and buying like 10 bags a day can you?! Window shopping is no kick to me. If I set out to shop, I better be back home with my arms full of bags of things I really like.


But skin care is different! There are so many things to check out! You could start from the cleanser ( for different skin types), the lotion, moisturier, essence ( for different effects, brightening, tightening of pores, anti-ageing...) then you have the make-up base, fountation and the lip gloss is like another shop altogether!


But basically, skin care regime is something I will never get lazy in ( oh yah, I confess I don't bother to iron clothes at times) But I believe a good skin is the only way to save time for make-up and possibly saves you more money on anti-ageing products in the future too!


Last but not least, had the priviledge to travel with a great bunch of ladies^^ it is always not easy to travel in a group and especially when there were first-time meetings among us... but it was also amazing that we kinda hit if off easily and was so agreeable on where to go.


I am already looking foward to my next Seoul trip.. probably in a few months' time~~

No comments: