3.03.2010

The story goes on...

So now will be part 2 of my blog post on that USA counterpart.


Yes, the one who didn't turn up for the meeting.


I emailed her to confirm our re-schedule meeting and at the very last line, I sort of asked her why she didn't turn up.


As a true blue irritating white ( so I say irritating because there are non-irritating ones around) she said that while she got the timing wrong, she was connected to the PC for 15 mins waiting for us to come online and hence wasting that previous time with her family because it was a sunday. She added on that, the time for our next time meeting is actually out of her work hours and she is only doing it for US because she has lessons before that and she could be back at home just in time to do it.

Before I shot my mouth off again. I do and I really DO appreciate it when people does things out of their convenience for the sake of others. But hey, have some professionalism will you?! This is YOUR job! If you are going to do it, then do it joyfully and not complain and then write a whole load of family-related personal issues to a complete stranger. I really don't understand why they will mingle family issues into work-related emails.


If you think that is a waste of your previous time with your family, then don't agree to do it! It is your right to reject it in the first place. Then of course that will depend on how your company deals with such issues in the future.


In any case... I don't understand why my team, as a complete non-related party to this issue has to step in the middle of their office politics and let ourselves be the vessel for venting their anger.


And.... just as I was typing this ( half way during break in the office), another example of us being stuck in the middle as a innocent third party while the co. above involves themselves in more internal broil...

back to more headaches.

No comments: