3.01.2010

The hype over

Finally... all the hyper is over for winter olympics... I was literally glued to the TV in the past week especially on news of Asada Mao, one of the 3 ladies competing in the ladies Figure Skating component.


You can go google on her.. She was Japan's best bet for a gold medal but lost out to her long-time rival, Kim Yuna of Korea.


Well... though my heart ached really big time for Mao because she had waited a long 4 years for this. 4 yrs ago, though she won the world championship she couldn't qualify for olympics because she was underage ( at 15).


When interviewed about her emotions regarding getting a silver, she tried to give comments that she is happy blah blah blah... but she couldn't contain her tears and she started crying.
This is the first time since I started watching Mao 4 years along unable to control her emotions.
She is usually humble and positive, looking on how to improve herself for the next competition.


But.. what really impresses me.. or makes me a little shameful is when I see how these girls at 19 has such a clear goal in their minds, ( the Korean girl's 19 as well) and how they overcome each difficulty in their performances with unceasing practise.

There was the Tokyo marathon 2010 yesterday and a comment a runner made stayed in my heart.
He said " As long we we do not give up and don't stop running, we are slowly but defintely moving forward."

Indeed... must apply this to my life too.

No comments: