2.25.2010

The appeal.

I sent a mail out to most of the people I keep in contact with through emails a few days ago regarding an appeal to help a boy.

Interestingly, I had a few friends who came back to me asking if it was really me or was it a Spam, or asking me to check if my account was hacked.

I am glad for such reminders though especially when hacking and spam are like as common as cucumbers with chicken rice. When I was drafting the email, I tried to think of how I should piece my words so that it will sound like me and not just like any other spam.
But it is not exactly working because people hardly read till the end, they will probably read the first few lines and either chuck the mail away or probably it was filtered into their spam mail right from the start.

This gets me really annoyed though. Not with my friends but with people who sends spam. YOU are the ones who made the emails such an annoying experience for people, especially those who do not check their mails frequently.

I don’t want to elaborate more on that but just for those who are reading this right now. That email was from ME. I wrote it and sent it out because I felt that was something I could do. I am not sure if misfortune will befall on me if I do not forward chain mails sent to me but I am sure with every forward button push for that letter, that is one more candle lit up for the boy’s future. It may not be in dollar and cents like I said. It could be a prayer, could be your awareness, and could even be your efforts to let someone else know.

For those who didn’t receive my email, I am calling out on behalf of a friend (who resides in Dhaka now) to raise funds for a boy of 8 years old. He was born deaf and through my friend’s efforts he was able to come to Singapore to receive treatment which will restore his hearing.
NUH has kindly agreed to do the operation at half the cost. But yes, he still has to cough up with that money of about 50K, which is virtually impossible to a single-income family in Bangladesh.
If you would like to make a difference in just this one life, please get back to me (either email or the comments beside) and I will get back to you with the details.
I think the deadline will be Mar 1st so that the money will be handed over to NUH and the family in time.

THANKS A LOT!!!

No comments: