2.07.2010

A highly recommended(?) book??

I have been keeping myself occuppied, curling up with a book before sleep every night for the past week.

This book, Secrets to being a desirable women by Michelle Hammond, was given to me by my good fren TPL a few years and strangely enoughly, I have not really had the urge to pick it up till now. ( sorry peiz!)

Before everyone starts imagining things, it is not a book teaching you on how to be the "desirable women" in the worldly sense of how you should talk and behave nor approach guys. It is more on how a christian lady should behave and live her life so as to prepare the way as God brings that Man into her life.

I first started reading it with a tinge of contempt... especially on the point that ladies should always keep to where they are and let the guys come to approach them. Her theory being, Men are created to be the hunter....

But?! I am sure some of you can identify with me how some guys we meet are just so wishy-washy, indecisive or just plain shut up in their own world to notice the people around him and they need the help of us to awake them or to give them the push......

But before I could go on... I realised yah maybe she is right... I don't think I would really want to date such a person anyway. All of us probably if ideally, wants to be treated like a queen on the throne and not some richshaw puller who has to go out of the way to invite the guy on the rickshaw and then end up being the one pulling this relationship around. Just to add on, being the queen on the throne doesn't mean you sit around and shake your leg while ordering your subjects around. The role equivalent of someone "important" is to protect, love, support and care for the welfare of that someone who enthroned you.

She goes on to give examples of how we ladies like to help our men with excuses like he doesn't call because he is busy with work, or probably has misplaced our number... Doesn't give enough presents because he is not the type to...

Then think again of the unwanted suitors you have, how they continued to called and pester you even though you ignored them so many times..

How true... in a funny way really. I could really identify with both the examples she gave. I have been in both.

In the end, my greatest reward at the end of the day is to discover the antidote to cure that "longing for a partner". I think it is also the antidote to loneliness, insecurity, over-sensitivity and the list goes on...

The answer is to make yourself busy. I am not talking about drowning yourself in unmeaningful activities but things you enjoy doing, exercising your gifts or directing that love to people who need it. It may not be a man, but it maybe a orphan who needs some adult's guiding love or an elderly who needs a chating partner.
When you truly start to enjoy and live your life meaningful and positively, this translates into a form of invisible energy that drews people to you I guess.

No comments: