2.13.2010

The beauty of children

On the way home after a long long long, tired and busy day at work, I sat on the train drained and ready to pass out anytime.

Then came onto the train a cheerful couple and their daughter of about 2 in a pram. As I was sitting in seat with low side arms, the little girl was pushed right beside me.

As her parents was chatting away happily, she was somehow looking so intently at me and throwing me smiles in between.

Even in such a low-fuel mode, the strength to smile back came naturally so we began making faces at each other.

Then came my stop and as I got ready to stand up to alight, she raised her hands up to wave and mouthed a silent good bye to me.

I couldn't stop smilling ( like a fool) as I got off the train. I was just so touched by her gesture somehow.

Children are not precious just because they looked cute or behave cutely but because of their innocence and the beautiful and pure heart not yet tainted by the demands of the world.

No comments: