1.16.2005

On the bike all the way...

I finally cycled to Uni QLO and Higashi Station. I wanted to try to cycle to these 2 places long ago but always either couldn't find the time or the right opportunity to. Well actually didn't plan to go there. It was just that in the morning, my classmate who stays in the same blk as me when to the traditional, roadside market before class. It was really much cheaper I tell you! Both of us got really excited and started picking out the vege, fruits and even fish. For a minute, really I think I have become a housewife who goes to the market to haggle prices. We were walking up and down the stalls, comparing prices, freshness and even sharing tips on keeping the food fresh! Well well... no choice when we have to cook our own meals.

Anyway the food came mostly in huge packs so we had to share among ourselves. Was going to do that right after school when our new Taiwanese classmate came along. We were just chatting and he said he wants to see how Villa 4 rooms look like.. So ok, he came along with us. We were chatting in my room and eating oranges when we started talking about the Higashi Park, the station etc when I mentioned Uniqlo was there. At once, So, the taiwanese guy got all excited. He was exclaming how the cheap the clothes are and then well... we just decided on the spot to cycle there. Well I actually just told Steph and Grace I din wanna go cus I dun have anything I wanna buy. But then, I wanted to know exactly the route to cycle there and also well since the 2 in my room are already so on about it...

Ok cycled for only about 20 mins and we got there. So fast! Heck the bus next time. Hmm... and I shopped around for a while and bought something... Can't resist it and well, uniqlo is really not ex. It is thick but I figured I can still wear it in spring and autumn... hee

Ok was on the way home when we decided to pop in Midori, a mini-mart. And just as I locked my bike, the key fell into the drain! I couldn't get it out becus there were metal bars firmly sitted on it. Sigh.. really tough luck. Had to get to the nearest bike shop then.

Thanks to So san who offered to carry my bike there for me. Yup had to carry course the wheels can't move at all. At first, the shop uncle refuse to do it for me. He said need to go to police-station and all cus apparently stealing of bikes in very common in Japan. But of course.... I begged with him, showed him my most pathetic-cute looking face *pukez* and he finally relented. The best thing is, he is really nice about it, though I am not supposed to tell anyone he help me cut the lock, he even did it for free when there is supposed to be a charge of 250 yen.
There is really an advantage of being a foreigner there. Like I said, everyone is more accomodating and forgiving.

Ok... by that time, the sky is already dark and it was time to go home... The way home was pretty easy, just a gentle slope up and then all the way down.

Oh yes, Steph, I registered for the trip to Nagano le. Yeah!! going skiing! Nagano is a fantastic place to ski considering it was the place where the 1998 winter olympics was held. We need to go and get our ski equipment soon uh!

till then!

No comments: