6.21.2009

Great Japan Sales

For those who are enjoying the GSS in singapore...
This is also the sales period in Japan.

Sidetrack... but I wonder how many years have I not been in Singapore to enjoy GSS...

but anyway, like I said in the earlier post, if not for ML who is here... I don't think I would get my butt off the couch to squeeze with the sales-crazy crowd in downtown Tokyo.

According to ML and my another reliable source. It is a mayhem out there now. People queuing just to GET INTO shops...
Queuing to get to the clothes rack.
Queuing to get into the fitting rooms.
Queuing to get to the cashiers.

but well... sometimes it is good just to get out once in a while because you might just discover some bargains!

ML got herself so many things that she had problems packing them all into her luggage. She had to get an extra huge "dumping tote" just to contain all her trophies.

As for me....
Got the below at the closing of a shop... the last few minutes of business for less than $15 sing!

The length is approximately that of a 2L mineral water bottle. (i.e A4?) an absolute favourite size of mine.The design is simple and clean cut.

The original price was at a hefty price of $50 sgd.... Really not something I would buy at that price. But for less than $15, it becomes a good companion for weekends or even girly workdays!

The other bag.. (opps..) was discovered by ML when we went to the outlet to shop. The original intention was actually to help her colleague find an coach bag from the last series.
However, we came across Agnes B and found this treasure below! Since it is already at the outlet, it was already way below its original price. However, on top of that we got it for another 30% off! So all in all, we paid only about $80 for it!


This bag is slightly bigger than the one above. But with its compartments and broad base, you can carry lots of stuff inside!

I like the colour combi a lot and also the size because it is hard sometimes to find a nice size for bags! ( I am not really an handbag kinda person...)

Besides, it can look really casual ( goes well with jeans) because the bag is made of cloth and yet formal as yet because of the leather straps and gentle colour.

It was such a pity that this was the last piece and so we couldn't buy one for each of us. So ML bought it.

However, when she was packing her stuff yesterday.. ( actually till this morning when she is about to leave for the airport) She came to the conclusion that she has shopped too much, bought too many things that she decided to let me have the bag instead. But then I know deep inside me, it is more of her generosity rather than the reason above. Thanks gal! Will take good care and put the bag to good use!

In return, I gave her another bag that she borrowed from me over the few days she was in Japan seeing that she liked the bag a lot too!

Am really satisfied with the above 2 buys!

Oh yes.... and of course Tokyu hands must thank me for bringing them sales cus ML bought up all the apple cutters from the Ginza branch to give as souvenirs to her colleagues! (see previous post)




No comments: