6.23.2009

Handmade Bak Chor Mee~

When you are overseas with no direct access to your home country's delicacies, either you choose not to eat them, look for near replacements or replicate them with your own hands!

Of course... you can also look for people who have good cooking skills.

My years away from Singapore has not really trained me to cook like a chef but I think I am at least capable of whipping up edible dishes!

So last night, when my tastebud was wailing away to eat bak chor mee, I did the most natural thing to.

And here's my creation!
But before that, I must give most of the credit to this big bottle of black vinegar! Bak Chor Mee is really not Bak Chor Mee without it!
So...
I gave it the best position in the house other than my bed.
The position right in front of my beloved Oh-chan~~♪♪ 
Seriously speaking I can't recall how Bak Chor Mee looks like except it has lots of vinegar and of course minced meat... But anyway, it tasted great!

No comments: