12.21.2004

A day full of departures...

Dec 21 2004 marks a day full of departures...

Firstly, I sent my dad, brother and cousins to the airport first thing in the morning. We had a really fun week romping in Okazaki, Osaka and Kyoto. But all good things come to an end.. I wonder when will the next time we will meet again since I probably won't be back for Chinese New Year. Anyway, I was really pretty sad when they were queueing up to clear the customs... I just stood there beside the customs as I slowly saw their backs disappear...

Ok.. made my way back home and had a sleep... I was so tired from the trip especially when I was having cough and diarrhea for a few days.. ok... slept a while till 1pm. Then got up to do something for my friend who is leaving...

4pm: Suddenly got a phonecall from another to say that Shaggy is leaving Okazaki today! I got a shock cus I thought he was only leaving tomorrow. Turns out he was taking the train to Tokyo tonight so as to catch the early plane home tomorrow. Anyway, my friend said that Shaggy came to look for me but I wasn't in. Oh my god... I only went out for a mere 5 mins to look for someone... I really panic... cus I want to pass him something. I called another friend and told him to call Shaggy while I rush off to school. (heard he went there to say bye to the teachers)
Thank God before I hopped onto my bike, Shaggy called me so we arranged to meet in school. Told him I will be there in 5 mins. I really never cycled so fast in my whole life. I didn't even care if I will get into an accident, just wanted to be in school fast.

Ok side-track... but it was really quite funny when the people from the office was after him with a stack of bills and also he didn't cancel his phoneline. I smiled to myself. This is the Shaggy I always know, he would be stumped for an answer and then laughed out loud at his own silliness.

It wasn't really an emotional farewell but then I could feel the tears surging out. Thought we only knew each other for barely 3 months but he was really a nice friend and also was part of the numerous good memories I have of Okazaki. He is just someone I really like a lot and also treasure so much as a friend. Tears flowed down my cheeks when he gave me a hug. Sigh... really don't want to let go of him. Perhaps it is just the feeling of everyone leaving at one go... it feels really lousy. But of course he had to say good bye to other people so well had to let him go.

Ok... finally all the good byes and all his friends are gone. Only left both of us. Wanted to walk with him to the station but he insists that I go home. Says that he will be alone for the next few days so he will be alright. Another rush of fresh tears coming out. Ok... I bear with it. He promises he will come Singapore for a visit. I stand there in the cold for a few seconds as his back disappears into the dark. At this juncture, I feel really terrible inside me. It is like a very sad feeling to see him going off alone by himself. Regretted it. Should have insist on going to the station with him. I swallowed my tear. hiazz... he is gone.

I was walking slowly home when I got a call from Shaggy again. He wanted to pass his room keys to me. Ok.. I hop on my bike and went down to the station. One last look and last long hug from my dear friend. This is really the very last of him as we say our good byes and then one last photo taken of him till he finally goes to take the train.

I really hate this feeling... the feeling of seeing people leave. It really feels so bad especially when you don't know when is the next time you will see them again. Another friend of mine leaving to go Tokyo soon. Sighz... cannot take it...

To my dear friend Shaggy: Hey you said you will be reading my blog and writing down your comments. Remember to do so! I will surely miss you greatly. You better email me quick before I flood yours! Take good care and till then when I see you again.

No comments: