12.26.2004

Christmas Party

Wooh... had a great time celebrating Christmas yesterday... really made up for the sadness I felt for the past few days with people leaving me.

The party was held at Mi-chan's (a Korean lady) house which is like twice bigger than any normal rooms every Yamasa's student was staying at. Well.. after all her company pays for everything she is using now and naturally her things are in better shape than ours. And she sleeps on a proper thick mattress! Envy Evny... haa ok lah, I am pretty use to futons by now.

Anyway, I know about only half of the people the party because most of them are from Mi's class. I kinda know them by their face but not personally. But no worries, we did a quick round of introduction. And really, I can't help but be amazed at how each of us from very different countries, cultures and even continents can come together to learn a common language and even just the simple fact to know each other. This is really one of the most fantastic thing about goig overseas, you get to know more people and cultures all over the world.

Ok, as everyone turned up promptly at Mi's house, we started our first activity of the day. Making dumplings! Yeah, Korean style. (though I think it is very similar to chinese style) But anyway in the end, it was "free style" as cindy promptly puts it. Everyone just kinda wrapped them in any shape they fancy. The finish work was really interesting. There were flat ones, triangular ones, round ones.... super big or super small...

After that was pigging out! Ate until I couldn't move... ah.. and the dumplings were super delicious. No doubt about that.

We had gift exchange next. I got this really great present from Kya-na (Mi's Korean friend). There were 2 beautiful clay pots and a dish for aromatherapy. It comes with a candle and lavendar incense! I was pretty pleased with it. On top of that, must thank Cindy, Alyssa and Mi for buying presents for me too! Ahh.. went home with my hands full. Thanks girls! It was very thoughtful of you all.

Last activity of the day, we watched Polar Express together on Mi's laptop. It wasn't a fantastic show but then the mood was really right for christmas. I enjoyed it nevertheless!

Anyway think we had so much fun yesterday that Mi suggested another gathering before we all start school. Looking forward to it!

Kya-na in Action.. the dumpling Sensei!



Our queer looking dumplings...




The gifts!



No comments: