12.04.2004

Noise Noise and noise

Didn't have a very good sleep yesterday night. That was because there 2 parties going on where I stayed.
8.45pm: Firstly, I was about to go and do my laundry when Shaggy came knocking on my door. Ok, let him in and we chatted for about an hour plus till nearly 10. When he finally went off, I did the tedious chore of packing my clothes all into 2 bags and then on my bike, ride to the laundry shop some distance away. It was possible to wash clothes at the villa but the dryer wasn't working well. Sigh...

10pm: Ok sat at the laundry shop for an hour waiting for the clothes to be done. Met the care-taker of the student village and he sat down to chat with me for about another 30 mins. He was really a very kind and nice old uncle. He was telling me how to study Japanese and how I could improve my conversation skills. Also told me that I could go look for him any time I have problems in my Japanese. Think he is a pretty well travelled person, was telling me bits and pieces of his experience in US, in companies... And the best thing was he wasn't doing a monologue, he was asking me questions and encouraging me to speak in Japanese more.

11.10am: Back home.... was about to pack the clothes and then sleep. Then saw Owen at the party at my place. Arranged with him to come over to see photos.

11.40pm: But waited for half an hour and he didn't turn up. Ok... want to sleep already. But ok, I dun think i could get to sleep anyway. My neighbour, party queen Anna was making a din in her room as usual. Her friends are all over and screaming and talking at the top of their voices. I am ok with that actually cause she is a pretty nice girl and we get along well. But well at near 12am in the morning... hmm....

The people from the party were also standing around the areas outside our rooms. some obviously pretty drank, some smoking.. sigh.. for a min I thought I will go crazy from the noise. At that, the door bell sounded. Owen. Opened the door and I was greeted by a loud "hello" and a hug. *sigh* this boy. Wanted to tell him off but ok, forgive him. He just went on and on about the party while laughing at the KTV photos.

12.10am: Finished the photos... the people from the party are going KTV. So came to ask me along... Nah.. I am already in my sleeping attire. Owen insists I put on some clothes and go with him. Nope... rejected him and chased him out of the room.

12.30pm: ok... finish with some things I want to do and ready to sleep. off lights. Lay in bed and hear Anna and friends' chatter

1.00am: Still rolling about and flipping. Anna still partying...

1.40pm: Noises begin to die down slowly...

Sigh.... I dread friday at times cus I know everyone is out partying. Can't imagine when the JLPT is over this Sunday. More partying I guess. Next week have another party... till then.




No comments: