12.12.2004

Mega Shopping Trip!!

It's friday again and time to go shopping! Just went Nagoya last Sunday for Miyazaki's latest movie, Howl's Moving Castle with Steph, Alyssa and Cindy. It's was really a great despite us only understanding part of it cus it was totally in Japanese without subtitles. But well... animation means the main point is the illustrations and for me, Takuya Kimura's voice and the absolutely breath-taking soundtrack. It is most frequently played on my WMA nowadays...

Anyway, I met up with Cindy to go shopping together (she's the Taiwanese girl in our group) We went down to Sakae, another shopping area in Nagoya. It somehows reminds me a little of Shibuya with a few major shopping stores and then plenty of little stores selling differentiated products.

Our first stop was Uniqlo which prompted Cindy to buy 3 jackets? and I think 2 tops, a few scarves... socks.. Her basket was already spilling over with clothes but her hands still cannot stop. We went over every shelf trying on almost everything. I din buy much tho cus I just went Uniqlo about 2 weeks ago? But Cindy and I bought the same red jacket to wear the Christmas Cookies-making party the next day. Ok... time check. WHAT??!! 1.5 hours in that small shop?? Oh my gawd, terrible time management. Cannot.. must move on soon.

Move a few steps and we were sweeped in this small shop that sells speciality goods. Cute clocks, rugs... any things.. and everything looked so amazing that the whole routine of going thru shelves were repeated... Cindy bought some stuff there. I managed to stop my hands from digging for my wallet.

wah.. time check again. 5+.. the day outside is dark. We were debating whether to go Nagoya or not. Cindy still wanna shop. Me too.. so we continue to walk down the streets when my eyes caught Haagen Daz. I muttered under my breath, "Haagen Daz". The next thing I knew, Ice-cream Fanatic Cindy grabbed my hand, dash across the flashing green-man street and I was ordering a sundae at the counter. Cindy simply love ice-cream and she couldn't resist it. I should have knew that...

Ahh.... satisfy from the heavy dosage of ice-cream and chocolate. We walked past Starbucks and Cindy wanted to buy a latte which she said will be her dinner. Ok... went in and saw this small flask which both us like a lot. I bought it for the gift exchange at the party.

Walked again... Once again. my sharp eye (for food perhaps) caught the small and unassuming sign board that says "Okinawa Cuisine". Wow interesting, Cindy went over to look at the menu and viola! We were in the shop happily tucking into the food. So much about the latte being her dinner...

Ok.. really full and cannot make it le... getting late. We zoomed of to Zara. Was another round of madness trying on clothes and shoes.

Ok, Cindy bought a pair of pants and boots. It was 8.45pm already! Oh my god... Thank God steph had Grace to accompany her home. We wanted to get Hard disk so we had to zoomed to Nagoya next. Couldn't make it to the Computer store in time so dashed across the road to Big Camera. Just in time for closing.. Bought our hard disk at at bargin!

Ahh.... by this time we were really super tired. Especially when we had to lug so many shopping bags home. Mostly Cindy's I must emphasis. I think we are really super "cold" when we are together. As in cold jokes. The whole train was practically quiet cus it was filled with working people home. Only our occassional squeals and shrills created some noise there.

I walked Cindy all the way home cus her basket cannot contain everything. Had a good chat all the way home and was talking about our own stuff, our classmates, people... not gossiping, just plain sharing thoughts.

Looking forward to more before Cindy goes to Tokyo next year!!


Okinawa Food! Yumz Yumz.. Chompz Chompz.. Drooooool....

Matching Jackets

Mega Mega Shopping Bags!



No comments: