1.29.2007

Farewell and Goodbye...

It seems that I am back here in Okazaki to say my 2nd and maybe final goodbye to some people...

For those who don't know, I am back at where I used to study because the person I am staying with now works in the Japanese school I attended. It has been a turbulent 3 months trying to find a job and settle things... then when it was settled, it is time to say good-bye.

First, I received news that our principal passed away. At the age of 67 due to lung cancer. He was a heavy chain smoker. However, what I remembered is not that but how he stood at the cross-road in front of school to direct traffic every morning. I recall the times when I was approaching and I will hear him call out "Karen san, Ohayou!" The top man in school yet humble in his approach towards students and he cares enough to remember all our names.

Then I had dinner with 4 of the teachers whom I knew best during my times in school, all 4 of them had taught me before. 3 among them were my form teachers. The long 1.5 years with them was not just about studying but lots of KTV, meals, even picnics, jokes and serious discussions. Yet, these very 3 announced their leaving at the end of the sememster. And Japan is not like Singapore, so easy to get together even when one leaves the company. Among them, 2 of them stays in another 2 separate prefectures together... when will we get to sit together and have a meal together...

As the chinese saying goes, there is no banquet that does not end in the world. When it is time to say good-bye, we just have to pack and go.

All the best to my teachers though... We'll definitely meet again someday.

No comments: