1.21.2007

The thing I hate most in Japan

Not about Japan but IN Japan...

I posed this question to my room-mate one day. Without thinking much, she said "The endless upslopes."... Haa we happened to be riding our bikes up a steep slope...

But for me, there are 2 things (or 2 groups of people) that I really dislike.

1. The high school kids.

I don't know why they have to always talk at the top of their voices. I don't understand why they have to shriek at every small or big thing. I cannot fathom why they always have to walk in big groups and block the road. I cannot stand the way they always snatch for seats on the trains or sit on the floor when there is an elderly or someone in need nearby. I wonder why this generation of Japanese is so rude, rowdy, apathetic, silly and irritating.

2. Parents (especially mothers who smoke in front of their children)

No comments about setting a bad example. But why can't they think a little more for their children. Why should these small children be a victim of 2nd hand smoke from young? Why can't the parents think more about creating a healthier environment for their kids to grow up in?

To add on point number 2, I especially cannot stand mothers who smoke in front of their babies. I know it is not within my area of jurisdication but everytime I see such parents, I can feel the anger burning within me. Same goes to young people who see but ignore those who need the seats more on trains.

In this area Singapore is far superior than Japan. At least we are a nation that cares for our elderly and relatively smoke-free!

1 comment:

Karen said...

testing..