1.19.2007

New Year 2007

Spent the day at with my Japanese friend and her family...

She stays in this very very old and big mansion where the living room building is contacted to the sleeping quarters by a long open air corridor??....

I really wanted to take more pictures but was too distracted by the delicious delicacies!

But basically Japanese's new year is kinda similar to what we have in Singapore... food, TV, lots of chatting and talking between family members, visiting the temples etc...

The day is started first but going to the Jinja to pray for the year... That was when I realised every household in that area has the same surname!

Then it was the Osechi ryori, the first meal of the year.

A close up on the details... this is a picture of a cherry blossom tree.

For dinner it was sukiyaki... I ate so much till nearly had difficulities breathing! They just kept feeding me with this and that.... That is the father preparing the dinner!

After that it was having fun with the family! For me, it was the baby and the dog.... For those who know me should know I had a phobia of dogs when I was a kid... But as I grew up ( and bigger), the fear kinda diminished a bit... but still... the dog was the best ever. He actually came snugging with me under the blanket and he slept beside me through the night! I even had to wake up several times in the night to open the door for him to go in and out of the room!

This is little Riku-kun... my friend's brother 7-month old kid... very cute right! He doesn't cry much which is the best thing about him! Can't walk yet so crawls around a lot!



And finally some fun at the local game centre.... some neo-prints and dancing at the DDR to digest all the food!



A bit late... but cheers to the good year behind and better year ahead! (new glass cups won!)

No comments: