2.11.2008

Arranged to meet up with a buddy who was with me through pri to sec sch today...
Was supposed to meet at 11am in the morning but cus she was held up by work, she was late by 3 hours. She's a doctor with ICU in one of the local hospitals.

When she arrived, I asked her how come she was late. She replied, a man injured in an accident was brought into the hospital at 5am in the morning and was she trying to resucitate him till just now. And her "job" ended because the man was too fatally injured to be saved. The other 2 passengers in his car didn"t survive too.

He is only a year older than us.

My heart sank when I heard it... just as New year brings about reunion, it also brought separation to other familes. I thought about the fragility of life and how lives can be lost so easily in the next second while we were just merry-making a moment ago.

i shutter at the thought of it.
Can"t imagine how it is for my friend who has to deal with this on a daily basis.

No comments: