2.09.2008

Had quality time talking to my brother.... and I was rather surprised at some of the things we are both thinking about.



Talked about child sponsorship and doing volunteer work in Africa... It has always been something on my mind to do something for the children out there in 3rd world countries. It pains my heart when I see or hear of children who are suffering. And I do feel the immense guilt sometimes when I spent a fortune on a want instead of using the money for a better possible use.
But I do really wonder, do all the money we donate go the children?
My brother thinks that the best is to go to these misssion fields personally.

I was reading up on World Vision's site today and I am shocked at the rate children are sucumbing to diseases like Aids and plague. While we are busy trying to think of what to buy what to eat, where to go tomorrow, these children are fighting for survival. It seems so surreal to know that while I am typing in an air-con room right now, there are children out there sleeping in the open.

Sometimes I feel rather frustrated at my own helplessness. What is the use of just thinking when you are doing nothing for them. I was rather inspired by my conversation with my brother though. I shall start small first.

No comments: