12.24.2006

Christmas Eve

On a warm Christmas eve morning, (winter but warmth from the sun streaming into the room),
I thought about a song I have always liked... In fact I have been searching for the CD/Mp3... If anyone should know where to get it, please tell me!

Christmas isn't Christmas ( till it happens in your heart)

Christmas isn't Christmas
Till it happens in your heart.
Somewhere deep inside you
Is where Christmas really starts.
So give your heart to Jesus
You'll discover when you do
That it's Christmas,
Really Christmas for you.

Jesus brings warmth like a winter fire
A light like a candle's glow.
He's waiting now to come inside
As he did so long ago.

Jesus brings gifts of truth and light
And makes them bloom and grow.
So welcome Him with a song of joy
And when He comes,
you'll know...

I spoke to my good friend online the other day and she asked me what I will be doing for Christmas. And I answered, "Nothing much... just watch TV and laze around..." Especially when it is not a public holiday in Japan and everyone else is just interested in the Christmas sales...
For a lot of people out there, Christmas is a day for parties and fun and definitely not one to stay at home alone!

Well, I think so too... only half of it. I agree that Christmas is a day for fun. But the fun does not come from only receiving presents, gorging down delicacies nor drinking yourself crazy. To me, it is also a day of Thanksgiving. Thanking Jesus for His gift of life, thanking Him for bringing me thus far, thanking my family and friends for who I am today.

It is ok to spend occassions alone. Because being ALONE is not equals to being LONELY. People who are empty in their hearts will constantly feel lonely even if they are surrounded by human company because human company cannot fill one's heart. On the other hand, people whose hearts are filled with gladness and joy will always have a reason to give thanks and be able to smile from the depths of their heart.

For this Christmas, I might be alone and not lonely. But I am not alone too. I have Jesus.

1 comment:

mkhor said...

Goto this site for a lovely version sang by JOY. Read the comments there for more resource links.
http://profile.imeem.com/NXE8Oys/music/SWM4GTO4/jon_and_joy_christmas_isnt_christmas/

cheers!