12.12.2006

Have you cried recently?

This question was put forth to Arashi ( a Japanese boyband) in TV show...

I cried recently too... In fact every week to a Japanese drama I am catching now. Entitled "14 year old Mother"

The story is about how a 14 year old girl got pregnant by her boyfriend who is one year older and the struggles, discrmination and objectives she faced when she decided to give birth to the child instead of doing what the adults tell her, abort the child and forget this ever happened.

I remembered this conversation went on between her mum and her one day.
M=Mother, G=Girl

M: Miki is the most important person in the world to me..
G: Even after how much I made you and Father so troubled and worried over this matter? Even after I had done such a unbelievable thing?...Why?
M: Why....hmm....I guess there is no real answer to this... When I first looked at your tiny face when you born, I thought to myself, " Ah.. this is reason why I was born... I was born into this world as to meet you."
G: struck silent....teared..

I guess this applies to most mums in the world. No matter how bad sometimes our relationship with them can be, our relationship is a co-existence one. We are here because of parents. But our parents feel that their living is due to our existence. So we are here because of each other, none of us can be separate in heart with our families.

Looking at that mother makes me wonder what kind of mother I will be if i ever give birth to a child. Someone who will be strong enough to protect my child to the ends of the world?

Just a short clip.. plus the hit theme song by Mr Children

No comments: