9.09.2004

Counting Down To The Day To Leave

These few days have been a mad rush for me. I was in town almost everyday to meet up with friends I haven't seen for a long time or simply to settle the documents needed to enter Japan. And I must add that I absolutely hate going to the Japanese embassy! I was complaining to my dad non-stop that day. Why must it be located so far from the main road and somemore with the terrible heat of the day, it is really a torture to walk to and fro the embassy. The worst was, I was having a terrible stomache just as I left the embassy. Couldn't go back as the gate was locked. Ahh.... could only pray hard as I walked with my determination to reach the toilets in at Tanglin mall. Thank God! Safe and Sound. hehh... still have to go back tomorrow to collect the visa. Ah another torture in the making.

I have been trying to pack my bag everyday and asking Steph( the gal going Japan with me) what to pack. Trust me, it is not as simple as it seems (this is especially going out to my brother who said: " aiyah, some clothes and daily necessities can liao!). Imagine packing to leave home for more than a year and to a place with 4 distinct seasons. The winter clothes are enough to fill up the whole case. Think about the shoes I have to bring( for every occasion and to match every piece of clothing), the bags... and the list goes on and on and on. Then again, I thank God for the invention of the vacumn bag. Saves up to 75% of the space! And sometimes I really think I am a born sales-woman. Everytime I experience the good of a product, I will go around telling all my friends about it, memorising all the features like a good marketer. Anyone wanna hire me? Please note that I am equally honest about the drawbacks of the product as well. :p

So... if you have any good ideas to pack things or essentials I have to pack, please tell me now or forever hold your peace...

No comments: