9.27.2004

The happiest person is not one who has the most but one who can appreciate fully what she has.

As I was going home from the bbq yesterday, I was again recalling how blessed I am. Nowadays that's all to my blog right? Talking about how blessed I feel about this and that. Truly, if not for the fact I am leaving for Japan soon, I think I will still be quite immune to this fact.

I was just talking to my cousin before the bbq started, mumbling about me feeling a little embarassed that such a big scale gathering was organised because I was going off. Seriously I was already feeling super gulity the few days before as I know it is a lot of work to prepare for a bbq. So I was going on and on to my cousin when she simply replied, "Aiyah you need not feel guilty lah, we organised it cause we love you mah." (ok she used the word "teng"). Actually I was a little shocked to hear that, somehow words of affection are not very common in asian familes. But then that statement really touched my heart. Especially when I see other people contributing their bit to make the event a success. I must give my uncle a special mention. He is already 70+ years old. But when I went to his house to pick my aunt up for the bbq, I saw him making sandwiches single-handedly for all of us! Somemore it is all nicely cut up into halves and wrap with kitchen film. Wah, tell me how not to feel gulity. (Now I know why my cousin Eong-Sian cried during his wedding when he was thanking all of them)

Then there's my aunts who did all the marinating, desserts like konnnyaku jelly etc... My cousins buying all of the food and the equipment needed. I confess I only bought drinks.

So with guilt and blessings weighing heavily on both sides, I chose to say I am so blessed! I am blessed with wonderful family members. Rejoice! And I say again Rejoice! I haven't mention, that is just my dad's side cousins. Today, my mum's side cousins just came and she helped me pack my clothes. I am 80% done with my lugguage now.

Is blog supposed to be so long? I can't help it. I want to tell everyone I really got so many people I can thank God for. At the end of the day, I begin to understand even more why God is so merciful. Though I don't think I qualify as a super friend/family member to deserve so much affection, He did not withhold them from me. I praise God for He is good and His grace is sufficient for me.






No comments: