10.31.2004

The Conversation Test that went Bonkers

Our class was supposed to have test for all the 4 periods. It consists of listening, writing and finally conversation. As for the conversation part, it was pretty easy to handle. We had to first do a small excercise to introduce our own country and then finally put it into proper sentences and of course memorise it. Since there were 2 characters in the conversation(one to introduce the country, the other to listen and ask questions), all of us had to go into the test room twice, each time playing a differentcharacter with a different partner. Well... of course, somehow, the teachers chose to put us with our usual partners and needless to say my partners are Owen and Shaggy. Initially I was pretty worried actually cus Shaggy didn’t come to school the day before and yeah, we din have much opportunities to practice together. And he kept giving funny answers. I was warning him again and again that he is NOT supposed to say anything funny to make me laugh. Ok the real thing. The segment with Owen was great! It was so smooth and with so much expression that the teacher stood up and shouted “Great job!” in Japanese. I could feel it was good cus Owen is a really good conversationalist. He led the way through the whole test. Now with Shaggy… It probably ain’t a surprise but yes, I actually burst out laffing at him upon saying the first sentence. And really, believe me, I tried so hard to bear with him but when I saw his face, I couldn’t help it. In my heart I was silently shouting "stop it! It's a test!" And cus the whole test is recorded, the teacher had to stop the tape and wait for me to finish laughing before we got started again. The teacher just stared blankly at both of us trying to stifle our laughter. It is not so good but nevertheless it was great fun and experience!

No comments: