11.24.2004

The battle lost...

Yes... I lost the battle against the icy cold empire. It happened in the wee hours in the morning... 2am to be exact. I was flipping in my bed for 2 hours before declaring surrender. Got up, in my half-sleeping mode, half frozen, scanned thru my drawer, got out the controller and...

switched on the heater for the first time....

I lost! Hey it is only autumn. This phrase ran through my mind at least a thousand times. I told myself that I must learn to tolerate or I will suffer in winter. Poor from paying electricity bills. But... when my beauty sleep is threaten, something is very wrong here. Sleeping is my greatest past time... can be a light sleeper at times but never lost sleep becus I was too cold. Except during XA days when we had to sleep on cold floors with a thin sleeping bag underneath.

All said and done. I couldn't figure how to on the heater for a good 5 mins! When I finally did, I carried my pillow and blanket, one by one, still with both eyes close, "toasted" it hot under the heater becus settling back to bed again.

As you can expect, the next day in school was me the walking corpse. I was super sleepy.
After school, I promptly marched to Jusco without delay and bought a electric blanket. Yes, it is pink, matches my bedsheets.

Now... I sleep like a queen again. A queen in the sty that is. hee.. The blanket just works wonders! I put it just under myself and it warms my bed in an instant. No more sleepless, shivering nights. And yes... I decided to use the heater after all. heck winter or autumn. Right now I am bathing under the warm heat from it. Shiawase!

My super electric blanket. ..it's only so thin but it brings me warmth and comfort!

No comments: