11.14.2004

A Busy Weekend

We had a test last wednesday so this weekend my friends and I decided that it is off-day for us. Off books and also perhaps some adventure and exploring...

Ok first we went to the eastern part of the city. We went to uni qlo first cus we decided that we needed some more clothes for the season. Uniqlo is something like Singapore's giordano. Cheap and good! A long sleeve turtle-neck can be as low as $15. It has a large variety of colours and sizes so really, a good place to shop for most people. Ok... did our shopping in a pretty fast pace. I would say we only took 45 mins! It was really a great improvement from the first time I went there.... I think took a hour plus.. or 2... not sure.

By then it was about 3 plus.... so we went to the cafe beside to have some rest and cakes. It was pretty nice place. Not too ex but looks pretty high-class... I ate a chocolate cake kind of cake. Yes.. it tastes chocolate but with other things too. And we decided we shan't go home! Another fren suggested going to the northern part of the city where there is another big departmental store.

We thought of trying to save money as well as to kill time so we walked down the road.( the bus comes at a half hourly interval) Every 1 bus stop can save you about 30-60 yen?! we walked a few stops and we ended up at the main terminal in east Okazaki. Great... tt's where we need to take the bus anyway, so hopped on the one that took us to the Apita store.

The supermarket was pretty big. Like the Jusco we have in our town but... Apita was really cheaper! and lots of food sampling! No wonder people always say if you are hungry and have no money to eat, just go a few rounds in the super market. We ate some "guo tie" thingie and it was Umai! Delicious! so bot 2 packs... (i figured we probably wun go back there so soon) There were so many things to eat, all kinds of timsum.. even the fried food. The next best thing we ate was the salad prawn. Really very tempted to buy. But then... the thought of taking everything home was a little intimidating. So we left it as it is...

Ok By the time we left it was about 5.30pm. Very early I know but it feels very late in Japan especially when the sunset that day was 4.48pm. So we caught a bus back and decided we wanted to go Kaiten Sushi. (i.e sushi on conveyor belt. 105 yen each plate). Ha... I really like that place actually cus I love the Zaru Soba and also the Ebi Fry... We ate till about 8+... chatting about things and we decided it was not enough. So each of us went back to our homes to put our things down and Steph and Casslyn.. (yes the other Singaporean) went to get some drinks and then came to my house...

Was drinking half way then suddenly Casslyn pointed to the direction of my Tv and she was like "hey hey hey!! look!" So Steph and I stared hard at the Tv and the TV's surroundings... Nothing wad.. what's up? Just then, I saw a face just right outside my room peering in. Wah! I got a shocked. Really. Just staring in right from the window.

Ok no worries. It wasn't any Hen Na Hito. (i.e weird person) It was Owen the big kid. Haa.. he came to look for Shaggy and saw our lights on so came over to disturb us. We wanted to get him to come in to join us but he had a marathon race today. Hope it was good!

Ok... so chatting and eating and drinking... all the night. I think we never toked so much about ourselves before... Haa... i think was the atmosphere. But it was great. It has been a long time since I have sat down to talk to someone so much about myself and I'm sure Steph and Cass can say the same thing too. We just talked about childhood...sec school...jc...Uni , our friends, our families, our relationships... and also about current happenings in Japan.

Thanks girls! Great time spent with u all! And also sorry to make u all come all the way to my room and then bear the cold back.. =) Mata Kon do!

Traces of our merry-making session...



No comments: